Tuesday, May 26, 2009

beleaguerment

Hmmm. So I got off the trail on Saturday in the AM. I awoke in the wilderness and after a series of mechanized transports found myself in New York City's Lower East Side. It's not that different. I'm not going to go into it, but there you go. Maybe another time.

I got off the trail for a variety of reasons. First, I got flat out tired of walking. I managed to hike 1,001 miles. A nice number. It took a long time. Second, I became aware that the economics of the thing were not in my favor. Such is life. You're familiar with it. Third, it's summer time and I like sitting around outside and not walking around outside in the summer. It's hot and there's lots of bugs. Fourth, ticks; the only thing that strikes fear into my heart as I trip over rocks and roots through the wilderness.

It was a great time and a good run. Will I finish the trail? How should I know?

So where does the beleagueredness come in? Well, it's a little hard to know what I should do now. At the moment I'm in NYC and it's not my cup of tea. Never really was so much my cup of tea eather. I'm not much of a tea drinker. So I'm not staying here for long. The kindness of friends puts a roof over my head. They don't let you pitch a tent in the park or the sidewalks.

I'm going to attempt to clear my head a little bit and do some thinking on my options (and by that I mean understanding if I even have any in the first place) and what I want. Always tough. You know me by now. There's nothing like me making a plan if I really want to have things go haywire. It's pretty exciting.

So hopefully I'll know soon. I'm going to visit Connecticut this weekend after working at the Fish Stand on Saturday (thanks, Steph!) and then I'll be off to somewhere next week. Where will it be?

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment